Monday, December 10, 2012

(a very late) cyber monday haul

Posted by kate at 2:08 PM
HI FRIENDS!

Can I first just say that Black Friday shopping tempts me none whatsoever -- all those crowds, stores ripped apart by grabby hands, "sales" on things that secretly had a price-hike the day before. No, thank you. Cyber Monday however, oh boyyyy. I can sit in my pajamas from the comfort of my own home and peruse an endless selection of beauty goodies. So, that's exactly what I did.

And yes, I realize this post is incredibly late for a Cyber Monday haul. I blame Ulta and the massive influx of orders (I assume) they received on Cyber Monday, since the order processing took nearly a week all its own. Ulta was giving away a $70-value bag of samples and travel-size products with every purchase of $30 or more. I couldn't resist.
(As you can see, I went a tad NYX crazy...)

I can honestly say that this purchase was the result of taking inventory of my current makeup collection, and deciding what else I actually needed, as opposed to just BUYING EVERYTHING I SAW.

NYX Lipsticks (pictured above, top right) are in Christie and Chic Red. Chic Red is a gorg bright red; it pairs perfectly with a neutral eye and winged liner. Classyyy. Christie, however, looked better online than she does in person (as is usually the case, ziiiing), and the color is frostier and lighter than I expected. Oh well, I'll make it work. Here they are swatched:
To go with the lip colors, I got NYX lip liners in Hot Red and Nude Pink.
I also picked up a few tinted lip balms (okay, actually four of them) to fend off winter dryness while still adding some color to my lips.
(Nyx Color Lip Balms in Sukriya (left) and Thank You (right).)
(Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch (left) and Peach Kiss (right).)

I must say, so far I prefer the NYX Color Lip Balms over the Maybelline Baby Lips. The color payoff is better, and the formula is more hydrating. Though, I've heard good things about Baby Lips from beauty bloggers like MissGlamorazzi, so I'll give them a fair shot.

I also snagged a NYX glitter, a few NYX eyeliners, mainly for my waterline, but Ulta threw in a freebie Essence black eyeliner as well.

(NYX Eyeliner Pencil in Pale Yellow (top) and White Pearl (bottom).)
(Essence Kajal Pencil in 01 Black.)

I'm feeling pretty satisfied with my choices, and you can expect actual reviews of some of these items in the near future, once I've tested them more thoroughly.

How about you guys? Did you get any good deals for Cyber Monday/Black Friday or have you tried any of these products? Let me know!

Stay tuned for a giveaway coming soon!

1 comments:

Charlotte on December 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM said...

i need to try baby lips! can't get them anywhere right now though. and i love nyx products! so pigmented x

Post a Comment

 
/

the adventures of cait and kate. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos