Thursday, November 29, 2012

cait's restyles!

Posted by cait at 8:14 PM
I'm a big believer in wearing things from your wardrobe with multiple outfits. Mixing and matching is SO much fun, whether it be with different patterns or different pieces of clothing. Today, I included two of my absolutely favorite outfits, each using my staple cowboy boots and vintage belt I found somewhere for about three dollars.

Shirt: Anthropologie, Skirt: vintage, Tights: F21, Boots: Target, Belt: vintage, Ring and necklace: Anthropologie

Dress: Arc thrift stores, Boots: Target, Belt: vintage, Tights: F21, Cardigan: h&m, Necklace: F21

So obviously, I'm not decked out in couture or super high-priced items. As much as I'd love to just drop some mahj cash on vintage Lanvin, I can't. My wardrobe consists of a LOT of thrifting and vintage finds, core pieces from Forever 21 and H&M, and my staple store, Anthropologie. What's the fun in wearing only designer clothing? Anyone with a credit card can do that; challenge that same person to look just as sharp, without Neiman's. 

That being said, the quality of clothing is a big deal to me as well. Obviously, cheap clothes don't last long. Even some expensive "investments" (let's be real, that's what we tell ourselves when we buy a $400 dress) can easily fall apart.  But having a solid mix of crap pieces and well-made pieces is the key. For some reason, those $30 Target cowboy boots have lasted me six seasons and are JUST now getting to be too gross to wear.

I would love to see your most favorite outfits, mixed and matched! Would you leave me a photo in our comments? Inspire me!

2 comments:

Robin Valentine on November 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM said...

your hair is amazing!
http://kissokill.net

Maria on January 7, 2013 at 7:01 AM said...

I agree with the previous comment, your hair does look great ! :)

Visit my blog:
http://dejiss.blogspot.com

xoxo Maria

Post a Comment

 
/

the adventures of cait and kate. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos